Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Starting 30-day Writing Challenge by Sara Crawford: Day 1 of 30

As in previous years, I probably will NOT be doing Nanowrimo, but I do want to start writing some more, so I decided to do something a little different: I'll do the 30-day Writing Challenge by Sara Crawford instead

Day 1: Write stream of consciousness for about 10 minutes

I had been thinking about the situation in Israel / Gaza, and this can only get worse before it gets better. This is 9/11 for Israel, and they will go to the ends of the Earth to find those responsible. No country will stand for this sort of atrocities committed against its citizens. 

You *could* argue that Palestinians are suffering, but is attacking Israeli civilians, a MUSIC FESTIVAL, really the answer? This is a TERRORIST attack, and instead of Hamas leadership, it's the Gaza civilians that are now paying the price, just because some Hamas higher-ups got bloodlust. 

Looks like even Trump had joined the condemnation of Hamas. But nothing I can do for them from here. 

Strangely, I am feeling VERY emotional over this, which is rather strange for me. I am usually stoic, and most events don't affect me, yet somehow, reading the news (I'm not watching the videos) has driven me to tears a couple times already. 

Probably because the area was a mess far longer than I've been alive, and shows no sign of being resolved...  

The solution is quite simple, but nobody wants to do it: both sides needs to stop talking about sole possession, and instead, start talking about sharing. It's the only way to resolve this: be neighbors and not kill each other. 

How can that happen? I don't know. I'd imagine some sort of demilitarized zone, where both sides live intermingled, no more this side vs that side. The question is who will even participate, with so many factions in the area wanting war instead of peace. Already heard that Hezbollah and Iran are kinda itching to go to war, and I don't know if that's just rhetoric (we have to "support" our allies) or are they being serious. 

It is a mess, and it can only get worse from here before it gets better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment