Friday, October 13, 2023

30-Day Writing Challenge Day 3: What do you want to write about?

Day 3 Assignment: Write a 1 – 2 page list of things you believe in and things about which you would love to write. Include what kind of messages (if any) you want to convey in your writing, what the purpose of your writing is, what you hope to accomplish with your work. You may want to include a list of influences or other writers you aspire to write like.

I have... two projects I want to write about... One is finish my Star Trek novel, and two is write a romance novel. 

Star Trek Novel

Yes, I really do have one planned. This is a pretty obscure Star Trek reference, and non-canon, so it's basically fan fiction, sorta. There was some debate on class was Enterprise-C. The initial data was "Alaska-class" as given by FASA, then it was canonically revealed to be Ambassador-class in TNG:"Yesterday's Enterprise". 

What if both were right, and there was a classified story behind the change? And Captain Picard (then on the Stargazer) was involved? 

One of these days I'll have to finish the outline. 

Romance Novel

I have some ideas, but before now, I've written only short scenes on writing prompts, esp. the dirty versions, nothing long. I had some ideas about writing longer versions, but never got the full story developed as they sounded a bit lame. But generally I want to write about stuff that makes people go "awwww". 

Influences

Tom Clancy, Dale Brown, for their technothriller stuff

Ruth Cardello for romance novel stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment