Monday, April 18, 2022

Thousand Year Old Vampire 3: Playing the Game Moves 6-10

 I rolled a 2 and a 6, so -4, which means I am going back to prompt 11, and as this is the 2nd time I landed on 11, I'm using Prompt 11-2.

You discover an internal focus that lets you maintain control of your vampire self. Lose a violent memory and take the skill "I Control The Beast" and rewrite any unchecked skill as something new. What new name do you take to distance yourself from what you once were? How is that name symbolic? 

My skill list is as follows: [X] swordsmanship, [X] archery, charm/negotiation, [X] heal wounds

Revised M7, where I killed bandits (violently, probably feeding on them as well) to save Sunflower to merely rescuing Sunflower. 

I chose the new name Weimin, as it could be construed as "Protect the People". My previous name could be construed as "Protect the Emperor/Ruler". I decided to keep my unchecked charm/negotiation skill. 

My skill list is now as follows: [X] swordsmanship, [X] archery, charm/negotiation, [X] heal wounds, I control the Beast

--------

I rolled a 9 and a 1, so +8, which means prompt 19. 

Two friendly characters become embroiled in conflict. Become involved and check a skill. (Create two new characters if necessary) How do you profit? Gain a resource. 

M10: On our way to the coast, we passed near the capital, and I heard that father had a falling out with sifu, due to my disappearance and apparent betrayal. My father had vowed to put me into the ground for betraying the emperor and jinyiwei, while sifu believed in me and wanted an explanation. 

I was able to approach sifu and explained what had happened to me. At first my story was too fantastical that even sifu refused to believe it, forcing me to use my charm/negotiation skill.  Sifu agreed that my father will likely never understand. I wrote a "confession" and left it with sifu, to be revealed to my father at a later date, as well as my family sword. Sifu gave me his own sword, plus his special bracers, useful for blocking blows, and hide one of the marks. (Move 5) 

My inventory: sifu's sword, sifu's bracers, Peony's handkerchief, sifu's protective charm. 

My skill list is now as follows: [X] swordsmanship, [X] archery, [X] charm/negotiation, [X] heal wounds, I control the Beast

-------

I rolled 1 and 5, so -4. Prompt 15. But this is the second time I've landed on 15, so prompt 15-2

An immortal proves to be much more than they appear. Check a skill, or else lose a resource or memory. Gain a Resource or skill. 

M11: Sunflower and I continued to the coast. We stopped at an inn to spend the night. There was some lascivious gazes from the innkeeper, but I paid it no head, as I did teach Sunflower some defensive moves. Sunflower went downstairs to get some food. It was then that I sensed another immortal nearby. I rushed downstairs, only to see the innkeeper about to feed on Sunflower, but he hesitated when he realized she was unmarked and was not my food source, which allowed me enough time to get him away from her. 

After a bit of negotiation, we agreed to trade skills. I taught him "I Control the Beast" to control his hunger, and he taught me "Disguise the Beast", which camouflaged the hunger as lustful gazes that can attract the right type of prey. 

My skill list is now as follows: [X] swordsmanship, [X] archery, [X] charm/negotiation, [X] heal wounds, [X] I control the Beast, Disguise the Beast

-----

I rolled a 2 and a 1, so advance 1, prompt 16

Some mortals have banded together to hunt you, well-armed and wise to your tricks. How do you defeat or evade them? Create a mortal hunter related to one of your checked skills. Check a skill. 

M12: We traveled toward the coast, and my decision to let Sunflower scout ahead paid off. It appears that an immortal hunter Feiwu is in town, and he's looking for a swordsman and an archer vampire like me. After some discussion with Sunflower, we both adopted disguises. I disguised myself as a rich playboy who lustfully gazes upon all beautiful females unabashedly, and she will play the part of my exasperated betrothed. I will also use "Disguise the Beast" skill. 

The disguise worked perfectly, and we were able to enter the city, even walked right past Feiwu himself, who gave no recognition. His daughter did give me a glance or two, which he admonished. I smiled. 

My skill list is now as follows: [X] swordsmanship, [X] archery, [X] charm/negotiation, [X] heal wounds, [X] I control the Beast, [X] Disguise the Beast

-----

Rolled 10 and 5, so advance 5, prompt 21. 

You are trapped outside when the sun rises and take shelter someplace you are not supposed to be. A child discovers and befriends you. Create a mortal child and record a humanizing Experience. 

M13: After that we stuck to the smaller trails, and one evening, we were lost and did not reach the next town by the time the sun came up. I was forced to take shelter in a cave. I had sent Sunflower ahead to find shelter and food, and I remained in the cave to meditate when I was discovered by a child. 

At first, he was startled to find a person in the cave, but when I made no reaction to his arrival, he became bolder, and started playing peekaboo. 

I kept my eyes closed, but said aloud, "It is all right, You are not disturbing me."

He walked in front of me, and I opened my eyes to appraise him. He is a small boy, probably five years old, full if innocence, but well-mannered. 

"Hi, mister, I am Jin."

"Hi, Jin, I am Weimin. I am only borrowing this cave today."

The child is curious, but is well-mannered to not show it. He has been taught well by his sifu. I indulged his curiosity, as I showed him my sword. I cannot show him the charm and the bracers without revealing my marks. I answered the questions that I can. 

The child left before noon, and Sunflower was back before then. 

We left the cave after dark, and we never saw Jin again. But I will remember him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment