Monday, April 18, 2022

Thousand Year Old Vampire 2: Playing the Game, Moves 1-5

The rules are simple: roll d10 and d6, and subtract the result of d6 from d10. 

I rolled 9 and 2, so the answer is 7

Then starting from prompt 1, advance or retreat (if negative) that many prompts, and answer the first non-repeated from top to bottom. 

Going to prompt 8. 

You are recognized for what you are by another creature like yourself. Create an immortal Character, lose a Resource, and gain a skill. What did you lose? 

Well, I have a sword, a handkerchief, and a jade charm. 

M6: The fishermen who found me thought I was dead and were about to throw me back in when a healer nearby onshore intervened. She revived me, and helped me heal. I decided to throw away my jinyiwei uniform as I felt I am no longer worthy. I asked the healer why did she heal me, and she said she always save a life when she can, and she thought she recognized the handkerchief. I tried to tell her about Peony but she told me she did not want to know. Instead, she will teach me "heal wounds" in exchange for the handkerchief. I agreed. 

New skill list: swordsmanship, archery, charm/negotiation, heal wounds

--------

I rolled 2 and 4, so the answer is -2

Going to prompt 6

A mortal character begins serving you. Who are they? Why are they drawn to you? Create a new mortal character. 

M7: I spent another month in the fishing village, helping the fisherman, regaining my strength. 

One night I heard a scream in the woods. I took my sword and investigated. Some bandits have killed a traveler and his wife, and were about to kill their maid when I intervened. The bandits died quickly. The maid claimed she was an orphan and had nowhere else to go, and since I saved her life, she will serve me instead. I asked her for her name, and she answered "Sunflower". 

-------

I rolled 10 and 5, so the answer is 5, going to prompt 11

How did you find solace from the raging hunger within you? You may lose one checked or unchecked skill. 

As the prompt says you "may" lose a skill, I chose not to. 

M8: When the hunger was especially bad, I hide and feed on myself, then heal myself from the same wound. I cannot bear the thought of losing more of my humanity, but I understand sometimes I may not have a choice. 

-------

I rolled a 4 and a 1, so the answer is 3, going to prompt 14

An enemy character uses a lost Resource to turn your few friends against you. Check three skills to regain the resource, or check one skill to barely survive. Which former friend did you kill? Where do you flee? 

[X] swordsmanship, [X] archery, charm/negotiation, [X] heal wounds

M9: I had to escape from the village when my old frenemy from jinyiwei showed up, somehow convinced I was a traitor, probably told a tale of lies by my nemesis, Baron Wong. I had no choice but to ambush him in the forest with my bow, and killed him after a brutal fight where I had to heal myself. I was surprised to find the handkerchief from Peony on him. 

It appears that healer went to see Peony, just as Baron Wong arrived to kill Peony in order to get the jinyiwei to go after me. Healer barely escaped, leaving the handkerchief behind, an extra clue used to frame me. I regret killing my frenemy, and with the jinyiwei now after me, I must flee the province. 

----------

I rolled 4 and 3, so answer is 1, going to prompt 15

While traveling, you come into conflict with another immortal and gain a mark. Who are they? What trick did you play upon them? Create a new immortal character. 

I decided to head to the coast and Sunflower followed me as well. We booked a passage on a boat to take us downriver toward the coast. 

We were about halfway when I felt Sunflower collapse onto the floor. I was about to check her when the boatswain told me he had put her to sleep, as we need to talk privately. I realized I had underestimated the boatswain... He is an immortal as well, and only his shadow betrayed him in the moonlight. 

In the end, he agreed to feed on me, and leave Sunflower alone. And I got a second mark on my wrist. It wasn't later that I realized I also got a weird shadow in the moonlight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment